Sunday, June 7, 2009

Why do Dogs Bark & what it means?

Today marks the 1st day that Foxie barks!
so, I thought to figure out what he is trying to say..

Went into some pets & dogs website.. & this is what I gathered...

Continuous and slow barking, at a low pitch:
The intruder or danger is close. Prepared to defend itself.

Continuous and fast barking, at a medium pitch:
Alert. Trouble. Someone entering our territory.


Fast barking with pauses every 3 or 4:
Warning of a problem approaching. Asking you to investigate.

One or two short high pitched barks:
The most normal greeting.

Long and drawn-out barks at a high pitch, with pauses between each one:
I'm alone and need company.


One bark normal pitch:
Curious, alert.


Short back in a high pitch:
Shows surprise. If it's repeated twice it means "Look at this!" Many dogs use this when they want to go out.

Brief bark, at medium pitch:

Happiness.

Faltering bark at medium pitch:
Asking to play.

Howl or short bark at a high pitch:
"Ouch!" Response to sudden pain.
Repeated howls and regular intervals:
Suffering from extreme pain or something that scares them.

High pitch or urgent barks that sound desperate, without apparent reason: It is a way some dogs use to let out steam.

After my little research I think Foxie is saying: " I'm very alert & you'd better keep me company!!!"

No comments: